When it comes to the choice of tapware, you may begin to experience some problems after installation. It does not necessarily mean that the tapware is of poor quality because many factors could lead to the problem. So, the most crucial issue is to identify what the problem is and proffer lasting solutions. Whenever any of these problems occur, different questions begin to pop up without providing the correct answers.
The best place to check out is from professionals in the production, retailing and installation of this modern tapware. Below are some of the most common questions that we get from our customers. We have provided working solutions that can help you overcome them. some of the questions you may find include the following Click here to read about Faster and Cheaper Ways to Upgrade your Bathroom.
- Why is my tapware leaking?
- How easy are the replacement options of tapware?
Why is my tapware leaking?
The first issue with reporting a leaking tap is to identify which type of tapware it is. Let us consider a few of the common types
- A traditional hot or cold pillar tapware
If your tap is traditional hot or cold tapware, the most probable reason it is leaking is a faulty seal or washer. So, you now know where to look, and you need to check if the seals and washer are in place or good enough. If not, you can place an order for a replacement from the Tile and bath Co where you can get a cost-effective replacement that fits your budget.
- Mixer taps
A leak may also occur with a bathroom mixer tap that can cause insufficient water running with the ceramic cartridge inside the tapware. The best option to fix this problem is to replace the inner cartridges of the mixer taps.
How easy are the replacement options of tapware?
Replacing the tapware and other related components largely depends on the type of tapware you have and the required method to install or fix it. A tap replacement can be simple for anyone who wants to try out the DIY approach. Below is a brief description of how to replace your bath tapware and basin tapware. These methods can also work for installing bath mixer tapware and basin mixer tapware by yourself.
- How to fix bath tapware
First, you need to unpack the tapware from the delivery box and check to see any faults. If you find any error, contact the manufacturer and retailer immediately. But if there is non, proceed to the given steps for installation. Some of the tools you need to fix the bath tapware by yourself include a standard spanner set, tape measure and a specific tapware spanner.
Steps to fix the bath tapware
- Lay down a strip of masking tape along the top end of your bathtub
- Use the measuring tape to measure the exact length and mark the centre of the overflow. Then take the measurement of the position of the tap holes to the edges as well. If you have a bath mixer tapware, use the width of the fitting.
- Look for the centre points of your tap hole from your measurement of the bathtub length or width and drill with the hole saw. Whereas some bathtubs may come with their boring holes, others may still require you to boreholes.
- Remove the tap and fit the tapware according to the instruction on its manual. The tapware should appear on the left side of the bath from opposite ends of the tapware.
- It is now time to fasten the washers and nuts to hold the tapware. So, add the washers and nuts to the underside of your tapware to fix it in the right place. You will need a tapware spanner for this step
- After fixing the tapware into its rightful place, you need a Flexi pipe to connect this tapware to the respective outlets for water supply. However, you may need a professional plumber to do this part.
- How to fix basin tapware
The fixing process of the basin pillar tapware is a factor in the tapware’s nature and type. So, after receiving your order of the tapware replacement, check to see if it contains all the request components. Also, you should examine the elements to be sure they are in good shape before you begin the installation at all. Meanwhile, remember to turn off the running water from the main supply before you start the installation. You may need a standard spanner set and a special tapware spanner to carry out this job by yourself.
Steps to follow
- Start by putting the hot tapware on the left side of the basin when looking at them from the front. So, unscrew its bottom nuts from the tapware and lower it into the tap hole of the basin. Also, ensure that the tap is at 900 to the basin’s rim to avoid spilling away.
- Since you have inserted the tapware into the tap hole, it is time to connect the other parts of screws, nuts and washer. Now screw the nut back to the right place by hand and check if it is correctly placed
- The next step to take after ensuring the tapware is in its proper position is to tighten the nut using your specialized tapware spanner. Meanwhile, while doing that, be careful not to spoil the basin.
- Now that you have finished installing your hot tapware repeat the same steps to install your hot water.
- Regarding how your plumber sets up your water supply channels, you may need a flexible tap tail and standard connectors. These connectors serve the purpose of attachment to the water pipes. So, you need to check and tighten these connectors.
- Open your water source and see the flow level while checking out for any leakage at any joint. Repeat this process a couple of times and allowing the water to run for several minutes. If you notice any leakage anywhere, then try to tighten the connectors some more